Thursday, March 1, 2012

Time to Flip the Calendar

I really was looking forward to turning the page on the calendar, I love my new Calendar page. Photos of us enjoying the beach last year when we went with my sister, a fav cousin and their families! What great memories of a fabulous time!
I love the first day of a new month...and with the extra day in February this year it had more anticipation.
We enjoyed the 29th! The morning started with a bunch of  stuffed frogs we had around the house found in the 'pond' on the table and a sign Hoppy Leap Year. I made little Artist Trading Cards for the Girls to find in their lunches. I used the cute frog from the set Turtle & Co. (the set released this year for Ronald MacDonald House Charities. SU gives $3US to RMHC every time this set is purchased...SU has donated over a million dollars since they began this programme nearly a decade ago!) For supper, I planned to served 'frog legs' (chicken drumsticks) which the Girls thought was a gross idea...I said it was very la-di-da amongst the French...even my Fancy Nancy didn't like the idea...not much more was said about the theme supper after that LOL!
I saw a marvelous idea online for building a Time capsule to be opened next Leap Year Day...so much will have changed in 4 years in the Girls' lives, I love the idea of peeking back in just 4 years.We were running with my class starting shortly after supper and tests to be studied for etc... so I'm planning that for the weekend.

I'm sharing a couple of the stunning cards the girls last night created...lots of shimmer.


 Aren't they gorgeous! And they each did 3! Great colour combinations. What fun getting the glimmer going again with the sticky paper and die cuts from the Big Shot (or with this 'b', one of the old sticky letters SU used to carry.)
I'm off to get tires this morning, so I'll keep it short.

smiles,
Laurie

3 comments:

  1. frogs _ how come I did not see them?? hey - didn't you make a nice hole in one card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to share that soon, when I talk about DH's exciting golf trip that is coming up!

      Delete
  2. Awesome workshop. Love how you were able to use the chunky glitter. Frogs legs are gross!!! LOL Should have kept it at chicken legs and be done with it!!

    ReplyDelete