Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Leap into Fun

That's what I named my latest class, in keeping with what else, but Leap Year! After I post this, I'll need to go figure out some sort of fun supper to serve tomorrow night to celebrate the special day!
I was trying to figure out a 'theme' for this class and feeling overwhelmed with so many fabulous sets to choose from in the Occasions Mini , I went kind of off on a tangent and decided to focus on Glitter...cause it's winter again and I love all the sparkly snow! But I focused on flowers and butterflies! (and well, Bees, I guess, too! One of the Girls re-did a sparkly card I'd done a few years ago with the set Buzzin' By) The Girls never cease to amaze me with their combinations and takes on my samples.



and mine. I used some of the Fine Supernova Stampin'Glitter in Aqua with the Sticky paper and the Beautiful Butterflies. I made up a bit of a 'body' with some Bakers twine in Pool Party.  I stamped with a BG stamp from the set Creative Elements in Soft Suede. Used my Paper piercer to add a little interest on the Turquoise scallop cut from the 2 scallop circle die and tied it all up with a Crumb Cake Seam Binding bow!
We had a lovely evening and the Girls went away with smiles and sparkles shimmering all over them! I love when we work with Glitter! I always think we should head out dancing after the classes!

I have 2 more classes tomorrow, so watch for a few more renditions of the cards!


Enjoy your extra day!


smiles,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, another set of beautiful cards. Love the colour combinations and especially found of the glitter butterflies! Great work!

    ReplyDelete