Laurie LaRose Creative Stampin' Up! Projects

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Birthdays

Just popping by with another card that the girls will be working on during the various classes starting tomorrow. They'll make 8-10 cards with a half pack of the Simply Scrappin' Kit from the Occasions Mini . I saw the layout online. The paper in this pack is really wonderful and I love so many of the embelleshments! One of my favourite Scrappin' Kits! I punched out the flowers and then ran a bone folder across them till I could peel them in half, stacked them and added the pearl center. I wish I'd have added some texture to the gray pice...I"ll be suggesting that in the classes.
I have an incredible sale going on on Saturday that I'm getting ready for this week.

And I'm trying to work on a photo book of our trip to Spain, too. My Husband and I enjoyed a wonderful walking tour around the Hills of Girona in the Fall with my dear cousin, Mark and his beautiful wife, and my dear friend, Kerry. We had such a wonderful time (fortunately, they did too!! LOL) I'm having so much trouble deciding which photos to include...I like shots with people (that I know) in them, but with some new photography classes in hand, now I have some pretty nice shots of foliage and scenery. How to decide what to put in...as a memory book, mostly you don't have great memories of a plant, they just add to the setting, so are they worth a space in my book...I have so many great ones of us laughing and having a good time...and plenty of scenery in the photos I took of us walking, too. If you have some thoughtson this, they would be appreciated. Although, I think I've figured out, rambling on here a bit.. that this book is for photos of people to tell my story. Thanks.  I can make a page of some pretty nature...or goodness a whole other book of nature photos, can't I?!
I'll leave you with a couple shots (chosen only because of where I am in that folder...when I find the top couple I'll share them later!)

I'd say have a sunny day, but I am looking out to a snowflurry right now?!! I guess we'll go with the not-literal 'sunny' but the spirit of sunny,  then!

smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment