Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Spec-tacular Service

We are a family of glasses-wearers, so I feel quite lucky that we have a wonderful Eye Care Centre in our little town. My Oldest is onto her 3rd year of wearing glasses and this last time, the choosing of the frames seemed to take the most deliberation. Luckily, this is because she has loved both her other pairs so much, she wants to choose 'new' but very similar style. Finally, one day, I took her in and exclaimed we just needed to get them ordered, and fast.  We had the decision finalized, them fitted and paid for in twenty minutes, thanks to efficient service.
Having bought the cute new single stamp Spec-tacular, recently, it was a perfect excuse to acknowledge the good service and play with my fun new stamp!
 I thought it might be nice to bake a little treat, too. Usually, I'm pretty handy in the baking department, but this day I burnt the first batch, botched the second, ran out of ingredients for the yummy Breton Bark I was trying to make and started fresh with a simple recipe I've been making since I was in high school called Oatsies,and even that didn't cut up very well, but I made up a small plate and headed in to deliver them. Fortunately, it was appreciated nonetheless.

I stamped the image 3 times along the edge, added the green along the other edge and bridge the meeting spot with a strip that I ran through the Big Shot with the little edgelit embossing folder. I love  this Needlepoint Border duo with the scallop stitched edge and the other option is little xxxx's (for kisses or stitches, depending on the card and your take!)

The single stamps are available till July 31 and there are a handful of cute ones available.

smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment