Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stampin'Up! Calgary Regional ~ a couple more photos

Throughout the day, we were given lots of great tips and ideas to move our business' forward, along with wonderful stamping techniques that I am excited to try out. One that I am going to play with this afternoon is to make custom 'washi tape', so check back to see what I come up with and I'll share the 'how-to'.

I made cards to give to these wonderful women that came with me to the event. I have been wanting to play with a different shaped easel card and thought a little technique would be fun to show off.  Crayon Resist popped into my head and I chose an image from my new set For the Birds. I pulled together a couple variations of colour schemes for them.
I suppose from this photo it's hard to see the bits of white spaces around the image. I haven't used crayon resist for a number of years (except on Easter eggs!). I really like the way the image gets highlighted.
To add the bit of pizzazz with this technique is pretty simple. After stamping the image in Staz On, I used a white crayon to draw around the butterfly, a rough outline around the flowers and bird and some highlighting along the ground and bottom of the wagon. Then using a sponge dauber I rubbed on some Daffodil yellow and then some Pool Party. The crayon allowed some white space around the image. I used markers to colour in the wagon, flowers and bird.
I want to play a bit more with some other images and hopefully offer a class around this technique later this Spring.
So the Regional really pulled so many fabulous things together: wonderful people, great tips and neat stamping techniques, free stamps and paper, incredible Wow's from fellow Demos and topped it all off with whipped cream...on cupcakes that is, and chocolate ones at that! Yummy!
It was such a wonderful day!

smiles,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun...esp. that die cut that perfectly frames a square! Ooh, I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete