Monday, January 14, 2013

Stampin'Up! Leadership 2013 ~ the Highlights: part 1

I have left sunny Florida for our lovely snow covered landscape back here at home.
Last year when Stampin'Up! announced their Orlando location for Leadership 2013,  I excitedly looked forward to adding on a Family vacation to DisneyWorld.
Our vacation was every bit of what we expected and just so much fun! We arrived early evening on Jan 3 and didn't stop our frantic pace at the parks until my family dropped me at the Rosen Centre on their way to the airport, Thursday afternoon, leaving me to get registered and run into so many of my favourite gals from Stampin'Up!
The first night, I attended Manager's Reception at the Harry Potter Wizarding World! 


Shelli greeted us as we entered for a photo op, I noticed this sign behind her and asked if we could pull it into the picture, because I think Great things are on their way!
 The Stampin'Up! special events team deserves 3 Cheers for this amazing event. Tables of food laid out, frothy glasses of Butterbeer to drink. The rides were thrilling and fun, the shops lining the streets were wonderful. As we left the park late that night, Rich Jutkins, our President and COO, presented us with a Butterbeer mug and gift card for a stamp set of our choice.

The next morning began with music, swapping and hugs all around before settling in to listen to Shelli's welcoming comments and then it was off to my first break out class. I attended Meet New People, Find New Faces by Shannon West. It was a good way to start out Leadership 2013. I love how she used the photos of the demos she had interviewed for many of the great ideas she shared. 
Lunch and my organized swaps. The first was a technique swap. My card featured 'faux silk'. I used Tiny Tags and the new stamp set, Collage Curios. A few rhinestones added a bit of bling to my banner.

 
I have to take a picture of my little 3 x 3 card that I swapped, watch for that tomorrow, or later tonight...I love all the little cards I received from the other ladies. So many great ideas for classes coming up. Lots of great images and embellishments from the new Spring catalogue to showcase.
Stampin'Up! is celebrating their 25th Anniversary and they are putting on the Glitz!

I'll be back with more photos of some of the great cards and fun times!

smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment