Monday, January 14, 2013

Hearts A Flutter for my Swap and more Highlights!


My swap card for an organized swap. I used the newest stamp set Hearts A Flutter and matching Die. The little borders are each from Border sets. The Needlepoint Border is new in the Spring Catalogue, the hearts are a favourite of mine from the Big Catalogue's Adorning Accents embossing folders. The Chevron Folder is new this year, I used it to tie in the chevron heart stamp from the set...
 
During the Pyjama party we had some great presentations from stage. Fantastic ideas for playing with some of our newest products. Brian Pilling has a wonderful stage presence and his verve for his first ever Pyjama party was fun! Can you imagine?! Boys don't really do sleepovers and Pyjama parties...I'm so glad I'm a girl! Aren't you!
Donna Griffith always shares from her heart while she is creating her wonderful projects on stage. She always has a ready smile and hug when I see her around the events. This year, I loved the sweet story and compliment she gave us all while pulling in one of my favourite symbols...the ampersand (or 'and' symbol, the "&") She spoke of its popularity in recent years, used as an abbreviation but also to indicate 'and more'. She thinks it represents the demonstrators of Stampin'Up! attending Leadership 2013 because of our spirit "and more".


Saturday included two break out classes to get the wheels turning for the coming year of business. Brandi Barnard and Meg Daves shared some concrete ideas on helping me plan more effectively to be a better demo for you in their class Creating Your Blue Print for Success, Leadership 2013.
I also attended Ramping Up Your Social Media Presence with Andrea Withers hosting three demos: Becky Roberts, Catherine Pooler and Diane Dimich. Each presented ideas for posting on Facebook, Blogs and You Tube. I'm inspired to begin making a library of videos!
Any suggestions for some content?

More highlights tomorrow,

smiles,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. I know your beautifully layered swap was well received! How gorgeous, Laurie!!

    Sounds like you came home with lots of knowledge to share!!

    ReplyDelete