Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Autumn Love of Leaves

I was out hiking yesterday in the Rocky Mountains, so stunningly pretty, right from the outset! Alberta may not have the Maple Reds, but we are blessed with the amazing Golds of poplars and larch amongst our evergreens! And our underbrush has lots of colours; the junipers with their beautiful blue berries, silver wolf willow and rosehips in ruby reds! I wanted to do something from nature's inspiration.
I had seen a couple cards last week while surfing that I wanted to pull some ideas from. The beautiful Fall colours from Katie's card below and the striking accent of black and white from Joy's card pulled together with my ideas with leaves created my latest Love of Leaves card.
My card uses the amazing Simply Elegant DSP (155761 includes copper, gold and silver foiling with Basic Black and Very Vanilla) I stamped the Love of Leaves on Very Vanilla cardstock using Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry I dressed up the project with the gorgeous gold textured brushed metallic specialty paper (156844) for a layer and die cutting a favourite wreath swirl of mine from the Sparkle of the Season bundle (156765) I love the colours of Fall. These stamps and dies for leaves are so stunning and simple to work with. You have all the variations you can dream up to create and customize your cards and projects, it really is a must have, why not get it ordered today. (153567 and 153452) smiles, Laurie

4 comments:

  1. Nice card, beautiful leaves. Our leaves are just barely starting to turn, I can't wait. I really like that detail wreath die. Its so pretty on this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pounced the one leaf with a touch of red over the inked image of Crushed Curry and was pretty happy it turned out so well! right there live on camera, on my regular facebook Live@9 MT, I do each weeknight!

      Delete
  2. Autumn is my favorite time of the year with the pretty colors of the leaves, especially when the weather stays warm. I love metallic touches on cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's likely my favourite time of year, too! I am in awe endlessly of the breathtaking beauty of Nature! thank you for stopping by! : D

      Delete