Monday, April 22, 2013

Button Buddy Snail sets the pace for posting this card...

I always have such high hopes of all the things I'll create and post for you!
...and then another week goes by, and often another!

So, finally, here is one of the cards the Girls made at the re-vamped class for Button Buddies.
 
I saw lots of the 3 snails in a row and thought how fun to use some bright paper from the Summer Smooches DSP and accent with matching coloured buttons! A couple of the gals bettered my sample by using the Real Red button instead of the Razzleberry..and it looked stunning.
 
It's been a busy week of crafting here while I was busy decorating for my Oldest's Birthday party. She had chosen to do a Hunger Games party theme. Onto the web I went to see how some others chose to add some flair to their party.
 I was on for the Feast and decorations, she organized the invites and game plan.
 Her invites looked great. She assigned each guest a District to have a costume for the parade. They played with hair, nails and makeup first. After the Parade, we held the "Feast".
I wish I'd have taken a picture of the food laid out, it looked pretty yummy!
This was the Backdrop for the buffet table, a second table to the right held the Desserts, including some "Nightlock berry tarts" and the Birthday cake.
Another decoraton I made to surprise her as she came down the morning of her party was this great Mockingjay for the wall. I saw it on Pinterest and the link had a wonderful step by step tutorial for making my own. I used just plain print paper and spritzed it with our Smooch to give it the glimmer and colour.
 
We all had a great time!
 
smiles,
Laurie
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment