Saturday, July 16, 2016

Night Owl

So last night about midnight, I started creating! I was planning on just having my last cuppa tea and figuring out what I would put together today...but when I saw this card from Carolyn Bennie I had to pull out the stamps, thinking to myself, I'll just see if the pieces will work with this new 'simplified' version of Magic cards with 'outline' stamp sets. I love a couple sets we have that are really easy to create the layered look of these magic cards without a stamp-a-ma-jig.
 I'd promised one of my customers to pull out the Playful Pals as an example...but wasn't sure about the sizing!
I'm really thrilled with how this worked out in the wee hours of the morning...not being able to stop as each piece came together.  (I might still put on some stars on the front...what do you think?)
The saying 'inside' came from Endless Thanks and 'hoot' came letter by letter from an older Hostess set Express Yourself...the new little Labeler Alphabet could have worked well here, without needing my stamp-a-ma-jig at all! And that sweet heart came from the Endless Thanks, too, and added a perfect accent to the sentiment!
On the outside, I punched out the Tree from Tree Builder punch but needed a bigger version to fit across and not interfere with the slide, so I placed the punch-out over another piece of paper and just cut around it. Using the Sprinkle of Life stamp set, I decided to stamp the tree/branch on the coloured piece...and then I was pretty happy to read the little saying from that set, while trying to work out what to do with  the large open space at the bottom of the card! ~ it's like they went together on purpose, right!?



smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment