Laurie LaRose Creative Stampin' Up! Projects

Friday, December 7, 2012

Purse Die Does Double Duty

After tussling with Gingerbread dough to cut out the sweetest little houses for decorating with the Girls, I thought I'd do something I'm a bit more happy with at the moment...I'll post the completed and wonderfully decorated houses when the Girls get done.

I'd seen this box idea on Michelle Hamilton's blog and knew I had to give it a try, even without directions. It's made from the Petite Purse Die and with a little snipping away of some extra pieces, it makes quite a sweet box.


It takes 4 cut outs of the purse. I ran them through the Big Shot  once more with the Delicate Designs embossing folder and added some pearls. A little double bow and brad closure for the top finished this simple project. I made it with the next season in mind to share with my Gals in an upcoming class...but it turned out so sweet, I think I'll have to make up a few more in a Christmas theme to give away with a little something inside (bath salts or chocolate, maybe!).
Off for a fun weekend in the Mountains with a group of friends...running to finish packing.
enjoy your weekend. Happy Crafting!

smiles,
Laurie

2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! What a fantastic project! I think these would be lots of fun for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet little purse box. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete