Saturday, April 24, 2021

Pop Up Book card for World Book Day

 Hello!

In my nightly Live, I created, for the first time this sweet little surprise inside card!
The scoring and cutting to create this little pop up are surprisingly simple, I had great success the first time and under the camera! I used a fabulous sketch by New Zealand demo, Patrice Halliday-Larsen.


The scoring and cutting image was wonderful, I scored the first two lines 1 inch from both the edges and between 1" and 4 1/2", then cut between those lines then put in the rest of the scores and it seemed to have all the easy markers for lining up.

(the adhesive tape goes along the highlighted areas, after you finagle the folds along the score lines)

The dimensions for decorating the little book include two small strips used along the half inch strip to act as a nice accent to the 'book page' edges.

Cutting Instructions

Base Card
–  8-1/2″x 5-1/2 ” , scored in half

Whisper White Card
–  8″ x 5-1/2″ inside of card (cut and scored as above)

2 Panels
–  3-1/4′  x 2-3/16″ (x2) book page inside card (I used DSP for these, you might use cardstock with  stamped images)

Mat for panels and Book edge
–  3- 3/8″ x 2-5/16″ (x2) mat for book page
–  3-1/2″ x 1/2″ (x2) side strip of book

I transferred my Live onto my youtube channel, you can watch it HERE

I'll have my completed card photographed and posted soon! I used Snail Mail DSP  ~ it even has lines, or a page of squiggles to use!

pop back over, please 


smiles,

Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment