Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Take the Time ~ It's good for You!


For a few years now, I have tried to spark the idea to those around me of happiness through gratitude and being in the moment...I'd like to think, "not spark, but reinforce".
My wish is for everyone to take the minutes during the day to revel at the magic around us! The very fact that I can draw a deep breath is magic with that attitude. Happiness is found in those moments!
Helping to find the magic in the everyday, in your everyday, starts with a little task of noticing, a lot. Noticing those small things, those moments, that bring a smile to your heart and fill you with joy.
I absolutely love this exercise because it makes you pay attention in the present moment.
Find specific things unique to you.
Doing this exercise has made me aware of my daily life and the beautiful mundane things in it that bring me joy and happiness.
Life is fleeting and fragile and it’s these little things that make up our everyday life.

for me:* my dog's tongue lolling out the side of his mouth after a good run.
           * the sparkle of sun on the snow
           * having leftovers to serve for an easy supper

There’s no time like the present to start noticing, so go ahead and start making a list and I’d love to know what’s on it.

smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment